We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Log Data and Cookies
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Our website uses these “cookies” to collection information and to improve our Service. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies, and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not intentionally solicit or collect Personal Data from individuals under the age of 18. If we are notified or otherwise discover that a minor’s Personal Data has been improperly collected, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delete that information. In limited instances, we may have a campaign or programme targeted towards children. In these instances, details on the information practices will be presented within the terms and conditions of the programme or campaign.
Retention of Data
We will keep your personal data for a reasonable time to fulfill the purpose for which the data was collected or comply with the relevant rules, regulations and laws of Hong Kong. Personal data which is no longer required will be destroyed.
Use of your information
We will collect information from you for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services to you for customer service, support, security, fraud-detection, archival and back-up purposes in connection with the provision of our Services
- for sending you direct marketing offering or advertising our products and Services and/or the products and services of selected third parties (we will not use your Personal Data for this purpose unless you have given us your consent to do so)
- to better understand how you access and use our Services, and for the purposes of trying to improve our Services and to respond to customer desires and preferences
- as required by or under any law or regulation applicable to us or any of our affiliates (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere) or at the request or direction of any regulator, law enforcement agent or other official (whether in Hong Kong or elsewhere)
- for running and administering competitions, sweepstakes or other features
Disclosure of personal data
We may share your information within our group of companies and to third party service providers, contractors and agents for any of the purposes set out in the “How we use your information” section. These third parties may be located, and use and store your information, outside of your jurisdiction for these purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we or our affiliate companies may be acquired by a third party or re-organise our group structure. In these circumstances, it may be the case that your information is transferred within our group and/or transferred to a third party who will continue to operate our Services or similar services under either this Privacy Statement or a different privacy statement which will be notified to you. The party to which your information is transferred may be located, and use your information, outside of your jurisdiction.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.